Bátorkő Castle (literally: „brave stone“) is in Hungary, just 5 km from Várpalota Castle to the North. Now it is often called „Pusztapalota“ („palace of the barren field“).
The castle was built in the second part of the 13th century (before 1271) when it belonged to the powerful Konth family. Its first mention is assumedly from 1288 as “castro Bacurku”.
It was in the hands of the Csák family in 1326 when they traded it with King Róbert Károly in exchange for other castles.
Its castellan was Balázs Keszi in 1409.
The castle was destroyed during the Ottoman Wars but we don`t know exactly when. It was last mentioned in 1559.
The castle burned down in the 19th century because lightning struck it.
Here is a short video from above the ruins: