Divény (Divin), the castle of the Hungarian Balassa family, is located in the Upper lands/Horná Zem/Felvidék, now Slovakia.
It was built at the end of the 13th century by the ancestors of the Losonczi family. It was first mentioned in 1329.
The castle was reinforced in 1559 but the Turks could take it in 1575. It was recaptured and went to the Balassa family in 1593.
Prince Bocskay István took it in 1604. Palatine Wesselényi’s army took it from the Balassa family by force in 1666.
Lord Balassa Imre was a ruffian and was not allowed to return to the castle so he had a palace built next to it in 1670. Balassa Imre took the castle back later by a trick (he made peace with the German captain and made him and his men drunk, then killed them all). General Strassaldo and Captain Leslie had to lay a siege on it. They took the fort and had it exploded in 1679.
You can see pictures about both the ruins of the castle on the hilltop and the reinforced Balassi palace.