Dombóvár is in Hungary, next to the Kapos river, in Tolna county.
Smaller castles also deserve our attention, don’t they?
A short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQnnLr1DR7Q
As for its castle, we know there was a tower built of bricks in the 12th century. Its another castle was built after 1241 and its ruins can be seen on the bank of the Kapos River.
After 1300, Bán Henrik was its owner. The next owner was the Csáky family in 1326. The castle went to the Werbőczy family by a marriage but the Turks took the castle away in 1543. Dombóvár was the place where Werbőczy Imre had written most of his famous law codex, the “Tripartitum”. This codex of laws was printed in 1517 and had a significant effect on the Hungarian laws for centuries. Tinódi Lantos Sebestyén, the famous lutist, and poet used to stay in the castle in 1537. Werbőczí was given an office in Buda Castle and soon he was poisoned by his Ottoman siege-lord.
The Turks found a busy small town in Dombóvár and they attached it to the Pasha of Koppány’s district. The fleeing troops of Ali Mustafa burned the area in 1683 when they were withdrawing from Vienna. The Austrian “liberators” had the castle exploded and its stones were used to build the houses of the new settlers.